De Nieuwe Ruimte is a large, open, bright space of 180m2 on the first floor of an artist’s house. Located in the quiet Uilenburgerstraat between Nieuwmarkt and Waterlooplein.
The building dates back to 1925 and was built to store butter and cheese. The original façade is still intact and the industrial hoist is found hanging from the ceiling. The entire space was renovated in 2016.
The interior is flexible and can be prepared as desired. Different set-ups are possible. You can meet in a large group and there are seating areas where you can retire to have small group meetings. There is plenty of natural light streaming through the attached loft and windows at the front and rear. The VIP room (with an extra toilet) on the second floor may be additionally booked if necessary.
• Fast Wifi (100 mBits and backup option from another provider)
• Access point for 100 people
• HD Beamer, with HDMI cable, Sonos audio system
• 60″ mobile TV, with HDMI cable
• Wireless printer, flip charts (8), markers and various workshop materials
• Meeting tables are foldable
• Professional kitchen and dining table
• Catering: fresh, top quality and prepared using largely organic ingredients
• Location host present
• Garden access
It is a 15-minute walk through the city center from Amsterdam Central Station. You may also take the metro to Nieuwmarkt and walk to the location in 7 minutes. From Amsterdam Amstel get off at stop Waterlooplein (tram). You can access De Nieuwe Ruimte via staircase. The entrance can be reached through the front garden.